Monday 6 May 2013

A report on the growth of my plant "PENTAS"

About my plant:
I have selected PENTAS as my plant as a part of my subject Science, Technology and Ecology.
Pentas is a genus of the Rubiaceae family of flowering plants. Pentas Lanceolata is a particularly popular species. The plants have dark green, somewhat furry and deeply veined leaves and will have, five-petaled flowers. These may be red, white,lavender, purple, or shades of pink. Some are two-toned. Pentas are attractive to Butterflies, and Humming Birds. You can find my plant PENTAS and its flowers in the below image
A weekly report of my plant "PENTAS"
March 5th:
Actually i have purchased this plant in Hyderabad and from such a distance i have brought this plant with safe hands. So form the minute i have bought the plant i have started taking care of my Plant. I have travelled in AC bus feeling that it will be the safest mode of journey to bring the plant safely to Pune. I used to water my plant everyday. The growth of leaves for this plant is a bit fast. Even if i failed to water my plant my house maid used to water the plant on behalf of me.
 
March 12th

In the very beginning of my assignment i have observed one interesting thing that i have observed is that the plant is taking the water that it only requires. Till then i haven't aware of the fact that the plant will exercise in this way.
  March 19th
My plant generally gives lavender color flowers. I have observed with the growth of the leaves the plant started giving flowers and the flowers will be in the form of a bunch. We cant find the plant giving single flower instead of that it gives bunch of flowers. It is also easy to pluck the bunch.

March 26th
The other change that i have observed is that even though we forget to pluck the flowers they are not getting faded even for four to five days. They remain as fresh flowers for 4 to 5 days even if we do not pluck them.
  April 2nd
But i did not purchased a pot to keep my plant. Instead of that i kept my plant in a empty mug. At that time i have though that my plant will be spoiled if i doesn't made it to grow in a pot. They i came to know that my doubt is a foolish one. It started growing in a nice manner.

April 9th
In this week i had observed the growth of my plant had come down. Why because i haven't watered plant for three days and even my maid also failed to do that. What i mean to say is that i haven't properly take care of my plant. This is just because the heat of placement have started in me. So i started neglecting in taking care of my plant
 
April 16th

This week some of the leaves of the plant have became dried. Then i realized the fact that to what i have been neglecting in taking care of my plant. Why because even though if we doesn't pluck the flowers for few days they remain as fresh one. So suck kind of a plant started drying means its shameful on my care towards the plant. Any how i removed those dried leaves with the help scissors. 

April 23rd
Now again irrespective of feeling heat about my placement, I had continued to pour the same amount of water which i was doing from the very beginning of this assignment. Slowly my plant started getting its old look. Then i thought that my PENTAS is back...
 
April 30th

Thus my plant have faced some difficulties just because of my negligence. Any how i have realized that even plants life is also very closely related to a human life. If our parents show their negligence in feeding us we would have faced the same problems that what our plants are facing. And even our plants doesn't ask for special food items for their survival. They just require a cup of water daily for their survival. Even if we pour a mug of water also they will consume only a cup of it and the rest of the water it releases out. So if we fail to water our plants its really shameful on our part and especially i am talking about "ME."





[edit]

No comments:

Post a Comment